Thank you for your interest in the Law Office of Andrea G. Green, LLC. You are now being redirected to Jacobs & Crumplar, P.A. since we joined forces in October 2019. Information regarding our practice and all our attorneys is now available on this page.

Motor Vehicle Accidents

If you or someone in your family has been injured in any type of automobile accident, you may be entitled to a lump sum settlement. Hiring an experienced attorney at the Law Office of Andrea G. Green will help you understand your legal options. We have assisted hundreds of people throughout this complicated and often life changing ordeal. Our assistance handling the details of your claim can make your job of recovering from your injuries much less traumatic and easier to manage.

What to do if you are injured in a motor vehicle collision:

  • Stop & Keep Calm - do not leave the scene and do not discuss the accident or argue with the other driver.
  • Call 911 - ask for the police to be dispatched to the scene and for an ambulance to be called if you need one.
  • Move your car - if the crash is minor, you may be asked to do so by the police.
  • Gather information - exchange insurance, driver's licenses and registration information. Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident. Take pictures of the scene and all of the damage to your vehicle.
  • Call your insurance company - report the accident even if it was not your fault. Get the names and claim numbers assigned to your file. It is NOT advisable to speak to the other driver's insurance company without having an attorney present.
  • Contact an experienced attorney at the Law Office of Andrea G. Green so we can explain your rights under Delaware law. We can help to make sure that you are properly treated, that your medical bills are paid and that you receive a satisfactory pain and suffering settlement for your injuries. We have many years of experience working with injured individuals pursuing motor vehicle accident claims and other personal injury matters.

Types of automobile insurance coverage:

There are many components to automobile insurance, and they can be complicated. We at the Law Office of Andrea G. Green can help you to understand the process and make sure you get all of the benefits you deserve.

  • Personal Injury Protection
    This is one of the types of insurance that all Delaware drivers are required to carry. It is also called no-fault insurance. It provides for payment of medical bills and lost wages to anyone in the vehicle at the time of the accident without regard to which party is at fault. The minimum coverage required in Delaware is $15,000 per person; $30,000 per accident. It is usually very inexpensive to increase the amount of coverage on your policy so that there will be sufficient money to pay your expenses if you are ever involved in a serious accident. PIP insurance follows the car in Delaware. So, if you are injured in an accident while driving a car belonging to another person, it is usually their insurance that will pay your medical bills and wages.
  • Bodily Injury Protection
    This is the coverage under the at-fault driver's insurance from which a pain and suffering settlement is often made to the injured party in resolution of an automobile accident claim. The extent of a person's injuries, the amount of medical treatment and the amount of lost income are a few of the components used to value a claim. It takes years of experience to properly value a claim and the attorneys at the Law Office of Andrea G. Green are experts in obtaining lump sum settlements for injured parties.
    If you are responsible for the accident, this coverage insures you for damages you cause for injury or death up to the limits of the coverage you purchased. Delaware requires that you purchase a minimum of $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident.
  • Property Damage
    The minimum required coverage in Delaware is $10,000 which covers damage to another vehicle if you cause an accident.
  • Collision Coverage
    It is not mandatory to carry collision coverage in Delaware. This is the policy benefit that pays for physical damage to your car if you collide with an object or another car. It is expensive to purchase this coverage, and it is based on the value of the vehicle. However, if you do not own the car outright, the lender may require this coverage to protect their interest. Insurance companies will only reimburse the Fair Market Value of a vehicle.
  • Uninsured Motorist Coverage
    This type of insurance pays for losses you incur if you are hit by an uninsured driver or by a hit and run driver. Under this portion of your policy you also receive coverage for losses you incur and for which the at-fault driver was under-insured. If you are seriously injured and the person that hit you only had a minimum Delaware policy, under certain circumstances you may be able to obtain additional payment for your pain & suffering under this component of your own coverage. If you accept a settlement from the other insurance carrier without proper legal advice, you may lose the right to make that additional claim. The Law Office of Andrea G. Green can see to it that you receive all the benefits to which you are entitled.